Nothing beats homemade ice cream on a hot summers day. With this quick and easy recipe you don’t even need an ice cream maker – just a bag and a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 6 Tbsp rock salt
- 1 pint-size plastic food zipped storage bag
- 1 gallon-size plastic food zipped storage bag
- Ice cubes
- Fill the gallon-sized bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put the milk, vanilla, and sugar into the pint-size bag, and seal it.
- Put the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the top of the small bag, then carefully open it.
Serving: one scoop of ice cream.