We’re loving these cute St. Patrick’s Day activities! This first one is extra special because it plays on the great children’s book Green Eggs and Ham.
Green Eggs and Bacon
Here’s what you need:
– Pretzel sticks
– White Candy melts (found at Michael’s or other craft store)
– Green M&Ms
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pairs of pretzels onto a cookie sheet. Place one white candy melt on top of each pair pretzel sticks and bake for 2-3 minutes. Once out of the oven press M&Ms onto white chocolate.
Paper Plate Leprechaun
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Leprechaun Template
– Small white paper plate
– Orange paint
– Paint brush
– Glue stick
– Construction paper
How to make your Paper Plate Leprechaun
- Paint just the outer rim of the small paper plate orange. Set aside to dry.
- While your paint is drying, print our template and cut the pieces out. Trace each piece onto the appropriate color construction paper. Cut your pieces out.
- Assemble the hat: glue on the black band and the yellow square.
- When the paint on the paper plate is dry, have your child make small snips the whole way around the plate.
- Glue the hat on your leprechaun, then add the eyes and nose and draw on his mouth.